Saturday, July 17, 2021

Having a Wild Thyme!

 


This wonderful little herb was completely new to me when I moved to my new home in Saratoga County. I had grown thyme in my garden in Washington County, but I had no idea that it grew wild and could withstand foot traffic, mowing, heavy snow...everything that a New York summer and winter could throw at it!

It's name is T.drucei. Besides being pretty, not needing mowing, and drawing pollinators to the yard and garden, wild thyme has a wealth of uses. Click here for more on the uses and health benefits.

My neighbor and I seem to be on the same page as far as letting the thyme do its thing in the yard and we're both currently mowing around the patches of thyme and focusing on the lanky stuff that distracts from the little purple flowers and carpet of soft green leaves.

Since I am learning about "grounding" I decided to take some time today to lay in the thyme and get some fun up close pics of this wonderful little yard companion~



No comments:

Post a Comment

Summertime....